CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bittersweet





I can't say enough how excited I am to get married. Michael is better to me than I ever imagined anyone would or could be. It's mind-blowing to me that this is the person I get to spend the rest of my life with, and I can't wait to marry him and build a home and a life together. Our wedding will be the first and most special day of our new life, and I'm so thrilled to share it with all of our family and friends. Well, almost...

Ty and Lisa, who are South African, are our closest friends, and we asked them right away to be our best man and maid of honor. But, as luck (or rather, un-luck) would have it, they were forced to leave the country back in March due to some issues with their visa. I never dreamed when they left that they wouldn't be able to come back in time for our wedding. But legally, they can't yet.

This is a very bittersweet time for Michael and I. While we are super excited to have the simple & meaningful wedding that we've dreamed of, it's heart breaking to not get to share it with the two people who have been there for us from the beginning. It's hard and it hurts.

Ty and Lisa- we love you, we miss you, and we look forward to seeing you again. It won't be the same without you.

0 comments: