CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

livin' on a prayer

I've devoted the last couple of days to wedding planning- specifically, the budget, or as I like to call it, the black devil looming over us all. I'm okay with being young, broke, and in love, I really am. But love doesn't pay the bills, and weddings- no matter how simple- are never cheap.

Michael and I are lucky enough to be getting help from our families, which is the only thing that makes our wedding even possible. Without their help, we'd be heading to the courthouse...which, at this point, kinda sounds like a good idea. But I'm not getting married without my beautiful dream dress and that fabulous cake...so we might as well go through with the rest of it.




Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited about all the little details...like the gorgeous dresses that are being made for my bridesmaids. (We're getting them in Corona Blue, Peacock Blue, and Plum) And the one I've designed with a friend of mine, who's been making wedding dresses for 25 years. I would post pictures here, but I want my groom to be wholly surprised come wedding day. But I can say that this dress is gonna turn some heads, for sure. And it's me. It's SO me. :)

At the end of the day, this budget stuff really doesn't matter. All that matters is that we finally get to be married, have a party, and celebrate with the people who love us the most. And all of that makes all of this worth it.

1 comments:

braidie hutchinson said...

Yay Megan! I'm so happy for you, you have come so far from that toddler who used to tell me "girls have a vagina!" Hahahahahaha!