CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 21, 2011

sweet things

It amazes me how much of this wedding is coming together so easily. Thanks to my brother, who works for a professional photographer up in Portland, all of our photography (including engagement photos) is going to cost us nothing. My dress is being made by a costume designer who is making it for me just for the cost of the fabric. So I get to design my own wedding dress! Our families are helping us out with even more, and we could not be more grateful. The past year has been particularly difficult because I haven't been able to work, and I can't tell you how frustrating it is to want to be able to work and save for my own wedding and not even have the option. But God has been so good to us!



This Wednesday, we're going to Sweet Life to taste wedding cake. Isn't this so stinking cute?! Ours will be in our colors (peacock blue, purple, and turquoise) and with little feathers coming out the top. I'm clearly obsessed with peacocks right now, but I have been for awhile, so I think it will represent this time in our lives pretty well. After cake tasting, we're heading up to Portland for our engagement photos with Rosemary Ragusa



I bought my adorable wedding shoes, the peacock feathers for our centerpieces, and some other fun wedding stuff this week. I also met with Judy the florist and talked feathers and flowers- so fun! And thanks to my gorgeous Maid of Honor, Lisa Georgiades, I have this fabulous headpiece...I'm so excited :)


1 comments:

Shandell said...

that headband is perfect! Nice work Lisa!